Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Lazy Cucumber Sandwiches

The only non negotiable item that I insisted in for my tea party was cucumber sandwiches.  Because the menu wasn't finalized til the last minute I had to come up with something quick.  Here is the recipe I used:

Ingredients:
Cucumbers - peeled and cut into thin slices
Favorite Sandwich Bread
Cream Cheese Spread (I used the garden veggie flavor)



 Cut cucumbers into thin slices and place on paper towel.  Let sit in the refrigerator for a few hours (or overnight) so that the excess water drains. This step is of course optional if you are really being lazy.  But do this so the cucumbers don't make the bread soggy.


Spread each slice of bread with cream cheese.  Layer cucumbers on one slice of bread and then cover with other slice.  If your are truly being lazy then stop ight there and eat up.  If serving them I suggest maybe removing the crusts and then cut sandwich into desired shape (I usually do squares or triangles).




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment